Afghanistan’s mission closes with a misfortune
Yet, they can hold their heads high as they leave the World Cup. It has been a heavenly mission for them where they beat four great groups, yet additionally ran any semblance of Australia and South Africa close. A couple of results turning out well for them and Afghanistan could well have advanced into the last four. The misfortune against Bangladesh could hurt them the most, yet they are clearly a power to deal with going for it.
South Africa, well they will be glad to have pursue down an aggregate, and will expect a more clinical show against Australia in the semis.
South Africa 247 for 5 (van der Dussen 76, de Kock 41, Nabi 2-35, Rashid 2-37) beat Afghanistan 244 (Omarzai 97, Coetzee 4-44, Maharaj 2-25) by five wickets
Rassie van der Dussen is the player of the counterpart for his 95-ball 76 and this innings ought to provide him with a heap of certainty. He came into the game, not having the best of records in pursues in ODIs this year, yet has shown his fortitude with a formed thump.
It was a 65-run stand between Rassie van der Dussen and Andile Phehlukwayo that shepherded South Africa through to a success in their last association round of the World Cup. There was a concise falter however the pair guaranteed they didn’t part with it. Earkier, the game was set up by Gerald Coetzee (4-44) and Keshav Maharaj (2-25) who guaranteed Afghanistan could make 244 out of 50 overs. That Afghanistan came to 244 was down to Azmatullah Omarzai’s unbeaten 97.
The twist triplet of Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi and Mujeeb Ur Rahman was astounding however the South Africa players held their nerves.
South Africa versus Afghanistan Live Score Updates: Key Features
- Afghanistan captain Hashmatullah Shahidi won the throw and decided to bat first
- Afghanistan openers Rahmanullah Gurbaz and Ibrahim Zadran started the innings for their group.
- Kagiso Rabada and Lungi Ngidi started the South African speed assault
- Keshav Maharaj striked on his most memorable ball as he excused Afghanistan opener Rahmanullah Gurbaz
- Consecutive wickets for South Africa as Gerlad Coetzee excused Ibrahim Zadran
- Spinner Keshav Maharaj secured one more wicket as he excused Afghanistan spinner Hashmatullah Shahidi
- Lungi Ngidi furnished South Africa with one more leap forward as he excused Rahmat Shah.
- A decent length from Mujeeb Ur Rahman, outside off. Bavuma rocks back and pulls shakily, and is gotten by Gurbaz.
- A short conveyance by Mujeeb, turning in. Temba Bavuma pulls it, yet can’t clear the long square limits, and gets found out close to profound midwicket.
- Markram pushes forward and outside edges, and is gotten by Naveen-ul-Haq.
- Great length conveyance, pitching outside off stump. Klaasen gets on the back foot however connects while endeavoring a cut, the ball overcomes, and Klaasen is bowled.
- A legbreak by Rahmat, hauled short. Van der Dussen clears him behind square on the on-side, for a four and gets his fourteenth ODI fifty.
- Mill operator rocks back and drives inadequately, and is gotten by Mohammad Nabi.
42nd Match (D/N), Ahmedabad, November 10, 2023, ICC Cricket World Cup
|South Africa||(47.3/50 ov, T:245) 247/5|
South Africa won by 5 wickets (with 15 balls remaining)