India versus Sri Lanka Highlights, World Cup 2023: India doled out one more heartless show and annihilated Sri Lanka by 302 runs at the Wankhede Arena in Mumbai on Thursday. With this result, which is their seventh success in as many matches, India turned into the principal country to meet all requirements for the elimination rounds.
India versus Sri Lanka highlights, Cricket World Cup 2023
India versus Sri Lanka highlights, Cricket World Cup 2023(PTI)
Half-hundreds of years from Virat Kohli, Shubman Gill and Shreyas Iyer took India to an overwhelming all out of 357/8 in the wake of being welcome to bat first. After Rohit Sharma was excused economically in the first over by Dilshan Madushanka, who proceeded to pick a five-wicket-pull, Kohli and Gill enrolled their particular half-hundreds of years enroute to a splendid organization of 189 runs. Madushanka broke the stand and denied both set hitters their hundred years after which Sri Lanka tore back with the wickets of KL Rahul and Suryakumar Yadav. Nonetheless, Iyer discovered some sparkling structure and impacted a 56-ball 82 to guarantee India crossed 300 preceding several healthy blows from Ravindra Jadeja in the end took the complete north of 350.
Jasprit Bumrah then gave India an ideal beginning, striking in the principal ball. Mohammed Siraj, who had picked 6/21 in the Asia Cup 2023 finals, then dropped in on the party and immediately added two scalps in something very similar over to decrease Sri Lanka to 3-4. Mohammed Shami, who is in breathtaking structure, finished a five-wicket pull as the Lankan innings was enveloped by 19.4 overs.
Mohammed Shami turned into India’s most elevated wicket-taker in ODI World Cup history during the India versus Sri Lanka 2023 World Cup match at the Wankhede Arena in Mumbai.
With 45 wickets in ODI World Cups, Shami went past Zaheer Khan and Javagal Srinath after his fifer against the Lankans.
Zaheer and Srinath have 44 wickets in World Cups for India.
Shami additionally entered the main 10 rundown of the greatest wicket-takers in ODI World cup history, which is topped by Glenn McGrath’s 71 scalps.
Among dynamic worldwide cricketers, just Mitchell Starc and Trent Boult are above Shami in the rundown with 56 and 49 wickets, separately.
Shami picked his third World Cup five-wicket pull against Sri Lanka at the Wankhede arena in Mumbai on November 2. Shami is currently level with Starc in having the most five-wicket pulls in ODI World Cups.
Most wickets for India in ODI World Cup
- Mohammed Shami – 45 wickets in 14 matches
- Zaheer Khan – 44 wickets in 23 matches
- Javagal Srinath – 44 wickets in 34 matches
- Jasprit Bumrah – 33 wickets in 16 matches
- Anil Kumble – 31 wickets in 18 matches
Top 10 all-time wicket-takers in ODI World Cup
- Glenn McGrath (AUS) – 71 wickets in 39 matches
- Muthiah Muralidaran (SL) – 68 wickets in 40 matches
- Mitchell Starc (AUS) – 56 wickets in 24 matches
- Lasith Malinga (SL) – 56 wickets in 29 matches
- Wasim Akram (PAK) – 55 wickets in 38 matches
- Chaminda Vaas (SL) – 49 wickets in 31 matches
- Trent Boult (NZ) – 49 wickets in 26 matches
- Mohammed Shami (IND) – 45 wickets in 14 matches
- Zaheer Khan (IND) – 44 wickets in 23 matches
- Javagal Srinath (IND) – 44 wickets in 34 matches