New Zealand versus Sri Lanka features, Cricket World Cup 2023: New Zealand whipped Sri Lanka by five wickets to reinforce their opportunities to confront India in the elimination round at the Wankhede in Mumbai. Devon Conway and Rachan Ravindra’s initial organization did it for the Kiwis once they had a productive powerplay it was a stroll in the park for the Blackcaps. Angelo Mathews contributed with two or three wickets separated from that there is not a lot from different bowlers
Trent Boult’s initial burst and Mitchell Santner’s twist web in the center overs assisted New Zealand with shaking Sri Lanka for only 171 runs. However Maheesh Theekshana contributed with a helpful appearance toward the end attempting to join an organization with lower players to inspire them to bowl to something in the second innings it is as yet a low score given the circumstances here in Bengaluru
Sri Lanka last XI
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis (C) Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjaya de Silva, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Dushmantha Chameera, Dilshan Madushanka
New Zealand Last XI
Devon Conway, Rachin Ravindra, Kane Williamson (C), Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham, Glenn Phillips, Imprint Chapman, Mitchell Santner, Trent Boult, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson
New Zealand versus Sri Lanka Live Score Updates: NZ versus SL, Key Features
Sri Lanka Batting:
- New Zealand captain Kane Williamson won the throw and selected to ball first
- Sri Lankan openers Pathum Nissanka and Kusal Perera strolled to the wrinkle
- New Zealand pacer Tim Southee strike ahead of schedule as he excused Pathum Nissanka in the second finished
- Trent Boult secured 3 pivotal wickets as he excused Kusal Mendis, Sadeera Samarawickrama and Charith Asalanka
- Lockie Ferguson secured the huge wicket of Kusal Perera, who was looking risky today
- Spinner Mitchell Santner secured Angelo Mathews and Dhananjaya de Silva’s wicket
- Pacer Lockie Ferguson excused Chamika Karunaratne and 8 wickets are down for Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan group is all-out on the score of 171 runs.
New Zealand Batting:
New Zealand score 50 runs in 6.3 overs (39 balls)
first Wicket organization of 50 runs comes in 39 balls (DP Conway 33, R Ravindra 17)
WICKET!! Devon Conway (45) leaves on the second conveyance of Dushmantha Chameera in the thirteenth over.
WICKET!! Rachin Ravindra (42) excused on the third chunk of the fourteenth over by Maheesh Theekshana
New Zealand scored 100 runs in 14.6 overs (90 balls)
WICKET!! Angelo Mathews excuses Kane Williamson (14) on the second conveyance of the nineteenth over.
WICKET!! Mark Chapman (7) Abandon the third conveyance of 21st over by Samarawickrama and Mathews.
New Zealand complete 150 runs in 20.5 overs (125 balls).
New Zealand whipped Sri Lanka by 5 wickets with 160 balls remaining and inch nearer in guaranteeing a semi-last billet.
Trent Boult becomes ‘Player of the Match’
Match EndedICC Cricket World Cup, 2023 – Match 41
|New Zealand||172/5 (23.2)|
|Sri Lanka||171 (46.4)|