The Philadelphia Eagles released veteran offensive guard Jamon Brown and signed practice squad tight end Jason Brown to their list, as per an official declaration from the team.
Nobody will be astounded to see the Eagles proceed onward from Brown. He looked awful while beginning instead of Matt Pryor at the right guard in Week 6. Brown permitted two hurries, three hustles, and four quarterback hits during the Eagles’ misfortune to the Baltimore Ravens. Pro Football Focus has Brown reviewed as the most noticeably terrible pass-blocking guard in the whole NFL.
With Brown gone and Matt Pryor still on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the conjecture here is that the Eagles will move Nate Herbig back to right guard and start Sua Opeta at left guard. Opeta has more expereince lining up on the left side.
As an update, the Eagles will be beginning their SIXTH distinctive offensive line combination in seven games this week. To recap:
- Week 1 — LT Jason Peters, LG Isaac Seumalo, C Jason Kelce, RG Nate Herbig, RT Jack Driscoll
- Week 2 — LT Jason Peters, LG Isaac Seumalo, C Jason Kelce, RG Nate Herbig, RT Lane Johnson
- Week 3 — LT Jason Peters, LG Nate Herbig, C Jason Kelce, RG Matt Pryor, RT Lane Johnson
- Week 4 — LT Jordan Mailata, LG Nate Herbig, C Jason Kelce, RG Matt Pryor, RT Lane Johnson
- Week 5 — LT Jordan Mailata, LG Nate Herbig, C Jason Kelce, RG Matt Pryor, RT Lane Johnson
- Week 6 — LT Jordan Mailata, LG Nate Herbig, C Jason Kelce, RG Jamon Brown, RT Jack Driscoll
- Week 7 — LT Jordan Mailata, LG Sua Opeta (?), C Jason Kelce, RG Nate Herbig (?), RT Lane Johnson
The Eagles signed Croom — who got a touchdown pass during his one snap played against the Ravens — on the grounds that they required assistance at tight end. With Dallas Goedert still on harmed reserve and Zach Ertz apparently expected to miss a month, the Eagles were down to simply Richard Rodgers and Hakeem Butler as the only two healthy tight finishes on the 53-man list. Also, Butler just began progressing from wide receiver to tight end half a month back.
Croom led all Buffalo Bills tight finishes in receptions in 2018 with 22 for 259 yards and one touchdown. Along these lines, he has some experience playing in the NFL. I don’t figure rivals will precisely be shaking in their boots when they see him as well as Dick Rod on the field, however.
The Eagles are as yet expected to raise T.Y. McGill and Prince Tega Wanogho from the practice squad to the game-day roster for Thursday night’s matchup against the New York Giants. As yet looking out for official word about that.