The 2018/19 season was a great stage for the rise of a lot of youngsters, in the span of one season, multiple teenagers have already been dubbed as future stars who will carry their teams forward to many more wins. Football has changes over the decades, gone are the days when experience was the game decider, today footballers are coming in faster, stronger and hungrier than what the game has ever seen.
Investments into youth academy have gone down heavily to shape the future of football clubs while scouting age has gone down to as far as 10-year olds. While an average teenager would spend his days wasting, youth footballers are already thinking way ahead in their careers.
A few youngsters have had a glorious season, domestic and global, like
- Kylian Mbappe- He has proven to be a dominant force in world football, quickly working his way up the ranks to eventually win the FIFA world cup with France all at the age of 19.
- Ousmane Dembele- Dembele is playing alongside some of the biggest names in world football but still stands out for his extraordinary skill and pace on the ball. He is 21 years old.
- Matthijs de Ligt- At the age of 19, de Ligt has already won captaincy for Ajax and is considered one of the best CB at such a young age. With his career in front of him, we are in for a treat.
- Frenkie de Jong- Considered a young superstar, Frenkie de Jong has already signed a 5 year deal with his dream club FC Barcelona and basically has a bright future ahead of him.
- Jadon Sancho- 18 year old England striker Jadon Sancho is the youngest of the bunch but the way he has been building up his stats, whichever team he plays for have an advantage over the opponents.
All said and done, we are yet to see how these youngsters shape their careers, build an image and continue to win trophies for the teams they represent.Topics #Kylian Mbappe #Matthijs de Ligt #Ousmane Dembele #youngsters